At New City Fellowship, we have a variety of ministries meant to teach, equip, and reach out to each other and to our community. Here's an overview of what we have to offer, but check the events calendar to find out what's really going on at NCF.
Weekly Sunday School for All Ages
Sunday School meets every week for about 1/2 hour after the 10am service. Everyone, from young children to adults, is welcome to come and learn about the Word of God!
Every week after church, we host a fellowship dinner. All are invited, and there is no cost. Come have a great meal!
Available during every Sunday service and many other events; if you need childcare help just ask!
Transportation is available to and from every Sunday service from your place to ours. If you need a ride, get in touch.
Bi-Weekly Prayer Meeting
Everyone is invited. Meets Saturdays at 9:30am. Check out the events page for specific dates!
Men's Bible/Book Study
Meets Mondays at 7pm. Currently studying the book of I Kings.
Women's Bible Study
Meets Wednesdays at 7pm with a fun fellowship night the last week of every month! Check out the events page for more details.
In the summer, NCF hosts Bible Clubs in our neighborhood. Stay tuned for 2017 dates and times!
Diaconal/Ministries of Mercy
Our deacons provide help to those in need in the form of financial assistance and a "non-food pantry" of household necessities such as cleaning supplies, diaper, toilet paper, etc.
A sampling of our other events:
- annual christmas caroling
- ladies craft nights
- kickball tournament
- neighborhood hot dog suppers
Check out our events calendar to learn about what's happening this week!
Outreach and Evangelism Subcommittee
Annual Report 2016: New City Fellowship Outreach and Evangelism Subcommittee
The prayers you have been faithful to pray since last year, dear brothers and sisters, have brought forth sweet fruit from the sovereign hands of God. We still have much to pray over and much to improve upon but enjoy this year's report.
We have labored much. But far be it from us to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ! (Gal 6:14) Soli Deo Gloria!
A brief update on the OE subcommittee in the following ministries (I’ve included a short *prayer request to each one):
- Prayer Walk: While God used this greatly, because of lack of bodies, we cancelled this outreach. Lord willing, it is something we can do in the future. *You could pray that we have capacity to do this again.
- Annual Caroling: This year we had three times the number of participants as before. Three large teams equipped with Bibles, tract invitations, cookies, and prayer went out into our community. We revisited the liquor store, regulars from local outreach, visitors to New City, went to the assisted living developments, local businesses, and had a finale at American House Senior living where we sang and rejoiced with the elderly. *Pray that we mature in this ministry.
- Senior Living: Currently we minister to American House Senior Living and we have expanded our presence as the Lord saw fit. They have requested New City to return this year and have offered us likely 70% of their Sundays to do so. We need more people to accomplish this task. We have primarily have three people show regularly. We would like members to take up their Bibles and come. This has been an essential reformed ministry of presenting the Gospel in Word, song, and conversation. *Pray the Lord grants us continued access and growth here.
- Tract Distribution Outreach: This year was the second year for this at New City. We went to ArtPrize 8 and the Gospel was received into the hands of hundreds of people by tracts, Bibles, and one-on-one conversations. We had more volunteers than last year and it was a phenomenal outreach. We ran out of tracts! *We pray we could do more events in the community.
- Open Air Preaching and Evangelism: We still support and encourage Frontline Apologetics street ministry. Congregants go to various locations in our community to share the Gospel and we also teach a regular apologetics class. We pray to have a Spanish speaking interpreter to cross the culture at Burton and Division, Lord willing. (You can see descriptive updates of this ministry and New City’s involvement at www.frontline2011.wordpress.com or www.facebook.com/frontline2011.) *Pray for protection and conversion of the lost.
- Hotdog Suppers: The Lord has used these greatly for the great commission! We intend to continue, however, often times we have more people from the community show up than we have from the church. This becomes a huge handicap to us. *Pray for willing and consistent involvement.
- College Pickups: *Pray our college students find Gospel-centered solace at New City.
- Bible Clubs: While we had a great turn out from the community at Bible clubs when New City Chattanooga came through this year, we were incapable of going out this year on our own. Lord willing, we will do it this year and make it something regular for the community to experience from our own congregation. *The Law and the Gospel are needed and we pray we can use this wonderful form of ministry with our young adults.
Our goals and prayers for this next year are just as vital as last year! We NEED prayer, involvement, and leaders. We beg and plead of you to boldly pray for the efforts of the New City Fellowship Outreach and Evangelism subcommittee. Pray as well for perseverance, strength, and wisdom for the committee. We are going through phases we call the Crawl, Walk, and Run. Right now we are Crawling, and that’s OKAY, but we still need prayer. We plan to build on what we have and refrain from adding anything else for the time being.
Lastly, pray that those who are called to labor for the Lord through our committee understand that while we will have trouble, NOTHING will prevail against the Gospel. God’s purposes will have their way.
Acts 28:31, proclaiming the kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness and without hindrance.
We cannot stress enough that it is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone, as revealed in God’s Word alone, and for God’s glory alone do we present this report from NCF. May the one true God, the triune God of Scripture, compel you!
For Souls and Savior,
Stephen Nylen, Chair of the Outreach and Evangelism Subcommittee of New City Fellowship OPC